A sparkling drink that will make you feel like you’re drinking a firework!
With the Fourth of July fast approaching I had to think of some Red White and Blue themed dishes to put on the blog and I also wanted to feature a cocktail, so I came up with this really fun recipe that is sure to be a hit at any Fourth party!
The drink was mostly inspired by the rim garnish, I have been wanting to use Pop Rocks for a rim on a drink for a while now and this seemed like it was the absolutely perfect opportunity, I mean what better theme than the 4th for a drink to have a rim of candy that explodes in your mouth? Kinda like fireworks, get it? And of course it had to be red, white and blue so put two and two together and you have yourself a 4th of July cocktail! The cocktail itself is a very simple recipe but the with the pop rocks to give it an extra kick, it turns out to be quite the fun little beverage!
A little side note – if your 4th party should involve children not of the drinking age you could also rim a non alcoholic version of this drink with pop rocks for them as well… i’m pretty sure they would think you were incredible!
- Lemon Lime Soda
- Pop Rocks – any red or blue flavor
- Blueberry flavored Vodka
- Fresh Strawberries
- Fresh Blueberries
- Grenadine (optional but I think it tastes better with it)
How to make la Sparkler:
1. Spread out 1 package of Pop Rocks (either blue or red works) on a plate
2. On a different plate pour some grenadine or simple syrup (if you don’t have any on hand you actually could just wet the rim with water, the candy is so sticky it will still pick up some of the pop rocks)
3. Dip your glass first into the plate with syrup on it
4. Next dip your glass into the pop rocks – you will hear them start to pop, but don’t fret they will still pop in your mouth when you drink it!
5. Place a handful of raspberries in the bottom of your glass and drizzle a little grenadine over them.
6. Next add your Vodka – standard cocktail amount is about a shot or 1.5 – 2 oz
7. Then add as much ice as your glass will hold – this will separate the blueberries from the raspberries and give you the red white and blue look
8. Slowly pour in your sprite. If you pour too fast the grenadine will mix into it too much and take away from the “white” aspect of the drink also you can add more ice as you go until the glass is almost completely full.
9. Add a handful ofblueberries on top and get ready for an explosion of flavor in your mouth!